The world has more data now than ever before, and more ways to collect it too. In fact, we are floating in an ocean of data, but too often, we are barely treading water versus swimming with a purpose.
How can we leverage the tools of ICT to swim, or even sail, on this sea of data? Can we improve our understanding of data and the overall monitoring and evaluation process? Shouldn’t we be asking ourselves questions like:
- Beyond surveys and dissemination, how can ICT be helpful to M&E?
- What are the challenges in implementing inclusive ICT-based M&E programs?
- When can ICT be used to celebrate (and learn from) ‘failures’?
- Does participatory ICT and social media help or hurt M&E efforts?
- How can we channel independent grassroots monitoring efforts into established development channels?
- Jacques Mailloux, CIO of Elections Canada, and previously with CIDA
- Levi Goertz, Client Solutions at VOTO Mobile, and previously with McKinsey
- Kathy Durant, Manager, Global Results, Digital Opportunity Trust
ICT for M&E
Technology Salon Canada
Thursday, June 5th 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Downtown Ottawa, Canada
RSVP is required
Please RSVP now to be confirmed for attendance as we'll have hot coffee and tasty donuts for a morning rush, but seating is limited and once we reach our 35-person capacity there will be a wait list.